First Attempt at Home E6 Process

I’ve been processing colour film at home for about a year now, using the Tetenal C-41 kit, and I’ve been really pleased with it, so I decided to try the Tetenal E6 kit. I finally got around to mixing up the chemicals this morning.

In the kit, there is the first developer, colour developer ( in 2 parts),  blix ( bleach+fix, also in 2 parts), and stabiliser solution. I got some collapsible storage containers, to try and help preserve the chemicals for longer.

There is an extra step, compared with C-41 process, and extra rinses, and therefore it was a bit more tricky keeping the temperature constant – I don’t have a rotary processor, so I just heat the chemicals to temperature in a water bath ( bucket) in the kitchen sink. I used an extra bucket filled with water at the correct temp for the rinses in between chemical baths this time.

IMG_6848

The entire process took just under 30 minutes, compared with just 10 mins for C-41, so I guess it would make life easier to use some other method of maintaining the temperature, like a Jobo rotary processor, but that’s an expense I can’t afford right now, so hopefully the colour isn’t too far off!

Very pleased to see there are actually images on my…positives ( was about to say negatives!) and I’m looking forward to scanning them later once they’ve dried 🙂